My experience at JENGA School sepa program during sprint 3
Four months ago i began my software engineering journey at JENGA school and the experience so far is incredible. I have been able to successfully complete 3 sprint projects and i am so proud of this milestone. Being an avid developer myself, I must say this is one of the many experiences I have come to love. For this particular blog, i will talk about my sprint 3 experience.
I spent a couple of weeks learning Firebase mostly using the official Firebase documentation and YouTube videos. The learning process was great and i got to learn a lot. Some of the technical skills i learnt were:
- How to do queries with firestore. This includes create,read,update and delete queries.
- Cloud storage. This allows users to store and retrieve data in the cloud.
- Authentication. This allows user authentication using email and password,social accounts(Facebook,google,twitter) and anonymous authentication.
- Security rules. Firebase Security Rules work by matching a pattern against database paths, and then applying custom conditions to allow access to data at those paths.
- Real time database. The Firebase Real-time Database lets you build rich, collaborative applications by allowing secure access to the database directly from client-side code.
- Azure DevOps. Azure DevOps provides developer services for allowing teams to plan work, collaborate on code development, and build and deploy applications. Azure DevOps supports a collaborative culture and set of processes that bring together developers, project managers, and contributors to develop software.
With the concepts learnt i was able to build a fully functional web application that allowed a user to login, signup,add songs,add real-time comments and stream music. Below is a demo of the project.
Some of the soft skills learnt during the sprint include:
- Art of communication. When doing a presentation,I've learnt how to be eloquent and confident. Confidence during presentation was a challenge i faced before the sprint but i worked on the aspect and ill keep working on it until i meet my goal.
- Team work. Firebase being a new concept even to my classmates,we had to work together in-order to achieve the sprint deliverable.Team Work is very important when finding solutions to problems.
Sprint 3 was explicit and am loving the progress so far. I keep learning new concepts each day.The SEPA program is a great program for developers aspiring to be great developers in the future and those individuals looking forward to solving existing problems by programming. I look forward to learning more from the upcoming sprints.
“Incredible things can be done simply if we are committed to making them happen.” — Sadhguru
Thank you for reading.